DIY: Floating Shelf
Do it yourself / /
If you are a fan of modern minimalism with a little bit of bohemian touch you should definitely try this floating shelf for plants, succulents or other home decor items.
If you have tried the DIY project Cute Succulent Garden and you have fallen in love with it, here is an idea for a lovely floating shelf made of natural materials which will be perfect for your Succulent Garden.
- round or squared wooden plate
1. Cut about 48 stripes of yarn, all of them about 3 meters long.
2. Tie a knot in their center of the stripes so that you have about 1.5 meters on the one and on the other side of the knot. It’s the centerpiece of the hanger.
3. Divide the yarn stripes into four equal sections of 12.
4. Then make a classic braid, rope braid or simply make a twist.
5. Tie a knot about 4 inches below the end of the stripes.
6. As the last step slip on your wooden plate.
If you are skilled in knotting you can make an advanced version of this project as the one on the following picture.
Hang your chic looking floating shelf on the most suitable spot in your living room and place your succulent planters on it. It will look amazing.