DIY: Flower Frame Made of Egg Boxes
Do it yourself / /
These beautiful frames are a perfect example of what can be done out of materials that we throw on daily bases. Your friends will not believe that you have made an elegant and decorative flowers frames, and even less that you used carton for making them.
- Egg packaging
- Picture frame or mirror
- Silicone glue
- Spray paints or acrylic paints
1. Cut the bumpy tops that have the role of barriers for eggs. They will serve as the smallest petals in the center of the flower.
2. Then cut out the "cups" in which the eggs are supposed to be. Make sure that the cups stay as large as possible so you can design the petals better. You’ll use them for making the outer layers for the flowers.
3. Split the cups so that you get better and larger petals for the outer layers. The inner petals will be smaller, so these cups do not have to be large. For a single flower you will need at least four layers of petals, three cups and one top.
4. Cut out the cups as shown in the pictures, to form petals.
5. Pant or spray your petals in color as you wish. Use more tones of one color. Wait until the color is dry before the next step.
6. Sort the layers into one another and, if necessary, shape the inner layers with your hand to fit in better. Then fix them with glue.
When you are all done, use the flowers to decorate a picture’s of a mirror’s frame.