DIY: A simple hanging lamp in just 5 steps
Do it yourself / /
This simple lamp with modern design is an ideal decorative detail for every home. You will not need much time or money to make it, the only things you will need are a bit of effort and your imagination.
- Screw with a length of 6 to 12 mm
- Hexagonal screw nuts that fit the screw
- Adhesive tape
- Flat and flexible non-burning material (special types of paper, leather, fabric, metal wire ...)
- Cable with a bulb neck
Process of making:
1. Cut the lamp shade material. The standard size is 22x28 centimeters, but you can experiment with other dimensions and shapes.
2. Bend the lamp shade material, and then mark the place where you will put the screw in order to join the both ends. Secure the cone with an adhesive tape to fix it if necessary, not to make a mistake when making a hole for the screw.
3. Unwrap the material, place it on a flat surface and make a hole for the screw using scalpel. Then bend it again, but now around the cable with a bulb neck.
4. Place the screw in the marked place, tighten and roll around the material until you get the desired shape, and then place the screw nut on the screw to secure the design. Pull out the cable from the outside. Install the bulb and make sure it doesn’t touches the lampshade.
5. 5. Attach the cable to the desired place in your home and your new hanging lamp is ready to be used.