DIY: Decoupaged Pots
Do it yourself / /
Flower pots are a great way to display your favorite plants on your shelf, balcony or window sill. Instead of buying one, you can put some effort and creativity, and make your own by the using decoupage technique. The pots can also be used for other purposes, such as storing pens and pencils on your desk.
Materials you will need for this project:
- decorative napkins with motives or shapes that can be cut out
- glue that dries clear and sticks paper
- painting brush
- acrylic paint in color you like
- clay pots
1. First paint the pots using painting brush and regular acrylic paint in any color you like. By using brighter pastel tones you would give a background that will make a great fitting with the main motive.
2. Than let the paint completely dry for some minutes.
3. Cut out the motives from the napkins that you would like to apply on the pot. Make sure to separate only the upper layer from the napkin since there are usually 3-4 layers.
4. Apply glue on the napkin and slowly smooth it on the pot.
5. Finally, sealed the whole pot with a coat of the glue and let it dry for some time. You're done!