DIY: 'Fireflies In a Jar' Night Lamp
Do it yourself / /
Firefly jars don’t require much time, skills or any form of firefly mutilation to make. The elements needed to make one can be found in almost any basement. These exclusively looking jars would be a perfect party deco if you're thinking of organizing night party. They'll throw around some truly psychedelic lights mesmerizing the room and giving it a special touch. Here are DIY instructions on how to make one on your own.
All you need for this project is:
For this purpose it is best to choose medium sized transparent crystal glass.
It’s good to have enough of them to fill up the jars completely. You'll probably need a lot, but the final result would be worth it.
Good to know:
Glowsticks last anywhere between 4 to 12 hours, therefore it is not recommend to make the lamp in advance.
Glitter will be needed for reflecting the glow in different colors. It is recommended to use colorful glitter to get a variety of effects.
1. Clean the jar thoroughly from within. No speck or label should be visible.
2. Open the glowsticks by cracking or cutting them. Put the inner liquid inside the jar one after another.
3. Glitter can be added either in small amounts after putting each glowstick, or at the end after the jar is filled with the liquid.
4. Put the lid on and cap it tightly. Than shake the jar vigorously causing the glitter to disperse evenly inside the jar.
5. Place the jars on an appropriate place in a dark corner of a room as a decorative piece.
Let the fun begin!