Make Your Own Garden Bench in Less Than One Hour
Do it yourself / /
Concrete blocks and wooden beams are common materials for construction but have you ever though that you can easily make modern and interesting outdoor furniture out of them? With a little imagination and creativity you can easily transform part of the yard or terrace for only an hour and a relatively little money.
- 12 concrete blocks
- 4 thick wooden beams 10x10 cm (Or you can take the dimensions from the holes in the concrete blocks)
- The adhesive concrete
- The color of choice for concrete
- Foam mat seating
How to do the work:
Before you start making the bench, make sure that the ground is flat.
- Place four blocks vertically to each other and then place the two blocks horizontally on top. Repeat the process on the other side.
- Temporarily, pull the wooden beams through the upper blocks so that the beam sources have fifteen centimeters on each side. If you want smaller bench, move the blocks and decrease the beams.
- When you are satisfied with the appearance and dimensions of the bench , remove the beams and connect the blocks with a glue mixer.
- Repaint the blocks in the color of your choice, and when the paint dries , pull the shaft through the upper hole on the blocks.
- Place your mats and the bench is done. You can easily purchase coasters but you can also make them yourself using your own sponge with desired thickness and canvas of your own choice.
- With the same process, you can make the bench with a back, club table or shelf, but for that you will need more or less (depends on what you want) beams and blocks.
The final result: