All You Need to Know About Turmeric
Health & Beauty / /
Turmeric is a herb that acts as an anti-inflammatory drug for depression, improves memory and helps in cancer treatment. Furthermore, turmeric can serve as a spice for food, milk, tea or smoothies. In addition to helping with various diseases, the food gives a rich and exotic flavor.
Turmeric takes a high position in traditional Ayurvedic medicine as a "body cleanser". Its "healing" attribute it owes to the active ingredient - curcumin, which activity has been studied in more than 5600 biomedical researches. Thanks to curcumin, turmeric has gained fame in the Eastern countries, especially in India and China, where it has traditionally been widely used in nutrition, cosmetics and Ayurveda, Chinese and Tibetan medicine.
Turmeric is a seasoned plant from a gingerbread family, grown in Indonesia, China, India and other tropical regions. When it is fresh, it has an aromatic, flamboyant, blushy, bitter and resinous taste, and as it dries it has the aroma of orange and ginger, and it's hot, bitter and musky. It gives a typical yellow color to many curry dishes and helps in digesting the food. If you have noticed on the declaration of the foods, in the list of ingredients the E100 aditive, do not worry - this is a mark for a naturally yellow color of turmeric.
Turmeric has a positive effect on the body as well. It improves brain and heart function, but it is also a powerful cancer cell blocker. It is known for its very powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. According to clinical researches, it can help treating prostate, breast, uterine, colon, liver, lung, skin, or pre-cancerous skin conditions. It improves the performance of the immune system by protecting immune cells from their own poisons (proxidants) used to kill cancer cells.
According to researches, turmeric has various benefits:
• Anticancer properties: can stop the growth of various types of cancer by blocking the enzyme that allows tumor tissue to live in the body
• It strengthens the immune system, reduces the negative side effects of chemotherapy drugs
• Antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties
• Because of the strong anti-inflammatory properties it prevents and helps in the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as Cronhova and Parkinson's disease.
• It makes the ten shiny and accelerates the wound healing, helps with various skin disorders, such as acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis
• It stimulates the digestion, affects the reduction of gases, cleans the lower part of the digestive system
• It helps with all kinds of allergies because it reduces the levels of histamine
• It works successfully on the inflammation of the joints, helps with osteoarthritis
• It has analgesic properties, reduces and relieves pain
• It helps with menstrual cramps and negative symptoms of PMS, known for its excellent results in establishing hormonal balance in women