Cramps before period: Are you pregnant?
Health & Beauty / /
More than half of women during menstruation experienced pain because of discomfort cramps before period. Although this is not a serious health problem, it can affect your life so much.
What is cramps during menstruation like?
Each woman has a different symptom. Some lucky women feel mild cramping, while some others equate women with abdominal cramps with pain menstrual period.
This time your uterus is tightening and relaxing. These contractions are causing the pain. Lining of the uterus at this time to release chemicals into the "prostaglandins." These chemicals increase the intensity of the contractions. Severe abdominal pain is a sign that the prostaglandin levels rose too high, causing spasms occur.
What is cramps before period like?
Many women will get cramps a few days before the time of their menstrual period began, and some women will encounter the phenomenon of cramps 2 weeks before their menstrual period. This is normal occurrence due to dysmenorrhea. Dysmenorrhea is divided into two main categories:
- Primary: The most common form. Abdominal pain and back. The pain usually occurs 1-2 days before menstruation.
- Secondary: Cramps or lower back pain. This phenomenon occurs before menstruation few days.
- The night before menstruation, you may feel contractions worse.
- Some women can tell the difference immediately feel cramping sensation.
Cramps during pregnancy
Cramps in the early pregnancy is a quite common phenomenon. For most women, mild cramps should not have to bother. However, the phenomenon of cramps related to the uterus may be a sign of pregnancy complications. Therefore, there should be checked periodically by doctors or midwives.
The women had difficulty getting pregnant or have a history of miscarriages need special attention. A pregnancy is always a memorable event. So always maintain health, reduce stress, pregnancy check periodically to make your pregnancy more enjoyable.
What cause cramps in early pregnancy and during pregnancy?
When the uterus is expanding to make room for the baby, the muscles and ligaments supporting the uterus are stretched. This can cause pain for pregnant women, especially during the first trimester of a pregnancy. The veins that supply blood to the uterus was weighed causing heavy feeling uncomfortable. Often muscle cramps can feel even in the lower abdomen.
Because cysts (Corpus Luteal) formed directly on the ovaries and ovulation before fertilization. Cysts this important function is to produce enough progesterone to nurture the embryo before placental formation.
Mild cramps will feel like pain during a menstruation, when the uterus contracts twitching feeling, heaviness in the pelvis. Cramps can also be caused by standing for too long. When you sneeze, cough or laugh lead to increasing abdominal pressure can also cause sudden cramp. Some feel when cramps are severe, uncomfortable, stinging.
Doctors often based on the cramps in early pregnancy as a sign of recognition of the increased size of the uterus. Although the development of the fetus in the first trimester is relatively slow, hormonal changes and blood flow in the mother's pelvis is huge.
These changes take place in preparation for the next months. The uterus is a relatively small agency is made up of muscle fibers capable of Elasticity. When increasing the size of the uterus, accompanied always cause discomfort to pregnant women in which the phenomenon of cramps. Understanding the causes and understanding of this phenomenon would be helpful to both mother care and baby.
When to go to doctor?
- When too anxious and need to check for peace of mind.
- When menstrual bleeding or pimples relentless and increasing.
- Throbbing pain in the abdomen or on the top of the shoulder.
- Increased body temperature and feel unwell.
- Have problems urinating.
- When, there are no typical signs of pregnancy.
How to reduce the risk of cramps before period and during a pregnancy?
- Change posture, sit, lie often. Mild exercise by walking or stretching the muscles each day.
- Warm bath, wear loose clothing, comfortable, gently massaging the abdomen.
- Should frequently urinate to avoid the bladder bursting cause uterine contractions.
- Drink plenty of water, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables to prevent constipation. Do not eat more bread, rice and pasta.
- Sitting or lying down relaxation and deep breathing exercises.
- When you are sitting, you should ensure the rack legs to the blood can easily flow.
It should be noted
Although the phenomenon of cramps before period completely normal, it's also likely early signs indicating the risk of miscarriage. In some cases, when these signs are clear, the possibility of a miscarriage is very high. Estimates in 4 pregnancies phenomenon, there is a shift cramps miscarried. The cause may be due to a mutation of chromosomes, or is not properly fertilized egg in the uterus which lies somewhere in the pelvis. Oviduct small and inelastic as the uterus, so the egg contains only small. So there are cases of eggs to fall out causing the phenomenon of ectopic pregnancy.
Note: whenever you feel the phenomenon of cramps in early pregnancy, go immediately to the health center has the experience to be thoroughly tested.
Apart cramps or nausea, many women suffer from cramps before period, during menstruation or after the menstrual cycle and cramps in the pregnancy. This phenomenon is quite common. For most women, mild cramps should not have to bother. However, it should be noted the phenomenon of cramps during the pregnancy because it can be a sign of pregnancy complications. Wish you have a good health!